Urban Training Center
The Urban Training Center is part of the Philadelphia District Church of the Nazarene. Its purpose is to train and prepare pastors for ministry and to develop lay leadership in local churches.
(The step by step process for students is listed in the link along the side of the page.)
1. Provide a quality program that is affordable and accessible for urban pastors.
2. Uphold and promote the highest standards in the areas of character, competence, and content.
3. Contextualize the material being presented so that it is relevant and applicable for urban and intercultural leaders.
4. Pastor-teachers will strictly follow the curriculum guidelines set forth by the General Church of the Nazarene.
5. The Urban Training Center will be subject to and function as a part of the Philadelphia District Church of the Nazarene Ministerial Credentials Board.
1. Classes are scheduled so students can complete the course of study in four years.
2. Each unit will require a minimum of twenty-four hours of classroom experience.
3. Course work for each unit will vary. The average student should anticipate two hours of study for every hour of class time.
4. All courses are pass/fail. While some pastor-teachers will assign a numerical grade for the benefit of the student, all grades 65% or above will be given a passing grade.
5. The Urban Training Center will keep accurate records for each student and report progress to the Board of Ministry.
1. Tuition is $135 per course for credit, $75 per course for audit. (This price includes the student guide book.)
2. There is a $35 registration fee.
3. Students are responsible for purchasing any additional textbooks required for the course.
4. Tuition is due on or before the first day of class. A student will not receive a grade until tuition is paid in full. Students with an outstanding balance will not be allowed to register for additional classes until the balance is paid.