District Prayer Letter
Dear Prayer Partners,
Let’s hope June brings a little more sunshine, but despite the gloomy weather, God is good all the time. Our daughter, Trisha, continues to make progress and we thank you for your prayers. Anne hopes to return home by the end of next week. Her 90-year-old mother in South Carolina is having some outpatient surgery the beginning of next week so she plans to stop to visit her mother before heading home around June 8 or 9. As much as I’ve missed her she has been a big help to Trisha and Mika so I’m grateful she was able to spend this time in Florida. There are still areas of concern that need to be addressed but we know God spared Trisha’s life for a purpose and so we continue to pray and trust Him for the future. This much I know: God still works miracles in answer to prayer. PTL!
- Please continue praying for Pastor Lou and Shirley Gatti (Williamsport, PA). As you know, they lost their son, Rodney, tragically a few weeks ago and now their son, David, finds himself in prison and suffering from depression. Pastor Gatti also continues to deal with issues regarding his heart. They are really under attack right now and need our continued prayers.
- We had a wonderful District Assembly and want to thank to all who helped make it possible. I certainly needed and enjoyed being with my District family and greatly appreciated Dr. Graves’ timely messages. Would you now join me in praying for our General Assembly, June 23-30? We need a 21st Century Pentecost across our denomination.
- Continue to pray for Eastern Nazarene College during these days of transition. Pray specifically for a strong enrollment this Fall.
- Pray for our Children’s and Youth Camps that will be taking place on the District this Summer. Pray for safety and spiritual growth in the lives of our boys and girls and teens.
- Pray for Front Step and our director, Rev. Wes Tink. There are lots of exciting things happening in our ministry to center city Philadelphia with Work & Witness Teams, projects at Stenton Park, basketball camps, children’s Day Camp, and more. Praise God for this vital ministry and please help to support it in any way you can.
- Rev. Tink’s wife, Sarah, lost her mother this past month. Mrs. Garlock was a long-time member and children’s Sunday School teacher at the Watertown (NY) Church of the Nazarene. She will be greatly missed.
- Pastor Dawn Reed-Snell (Media, PA) also lost her father, Don Reed, this past month. Please pray for these families in their time of loss.
- Remember Rodney Bartman (Kutztown, PA). His father has been in and out of the hospital and there are concerns about his long term care. Also, Rev. Bill Wescoe (retired pastor and member of Kutztown, PA) has been hospitalized and needs our prayers.
- Please keep Philadelphia First Church in your prayers as they begin their search for a new pastor following the resignation of Pastor Chuck and Linda Russ, who took an assignment in Florida
- Pray for Pastor Donna Sarog’s health and for a very busy schedule (Collingdale, PA, First). Pastor Donna has been battling shingles and needs some rest.
- Pray for Rev. Marquetta Rieger (FVCN) who is home following surgery last week. Pray for a complete and speedy recovery.
- Retired Pastor Marianne Becker’s husband, Skip, went to be with the Lord a few weeks ago. Please remember this family in your prayers.
As we enter in to the Summer months, I would ask that you join with me in living out the theme that I introduced at District Assembly: “Make Me a Blessing.” Let’s strive to be a blessing to all who we come in contact with as we share Christ’s love with others.
His for the Kingdom,